Monday 17 October 2011

Audience Research




EVALUATION

From the above audience research I was able to gather a lot of information and ideas that I could discuss with my group members to incorporate into our pre-production. As the interviewee said that she was most interested
in the horror genre, i decided that it would be a good idea that my group focused on this
particular sub-genre. I was able to gather points such as what we should include in the 
teaser trailer that will tease our audience and give them the suspense to really get the feel of a teaser trailer. From 
this were able to look back at our initial ideas and are able to mend/change certain areas to meet the target audience expectations. 
Also, I was able to gather information on what type of props were suited best for our teaser trailer. For example a knife is more suitable to use than a gun for a slasher film; i was also able to gather the horror conventions that
our target audience expected from our teaser trailer such as blood.
This qualitative research will be very helpful in planning the pre-production of our horror teaser trailer such as
what horror codes and conventions to use and what rating to use. From this I learnt, that a teaser trailer is not meant to give much away and that is meant to create suspense within the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment